Sunday 25 October 2009

Being Bullied?

I learnt this technique whilst on my NLP practitioners course and recently successfully used it with a client:

Force Field

My client a teenager, was often bullied at school, being called a wide range of names and insults, this has effected her confidence as she became older and still hears the bullies name calling in her head.

I put my client in a positive state and then told her I had a magical invisible box, as soon as she opens this box a force field will jump out, as it did I asked her to describe it to me (often this is a force-field suit or tube) this time it was a tube shape that surround her body and lifted above her head.

I then asked the client to describe the force field, asking what colour it is, what sound it makes, etc. from this she stepped out of the force field leaving all positiveness in the force field and broke state. I told when she is in the force field, is she moves the force field will move with her.

I put put her in and out of the force field 3 times anchoring positive feelings into the force field.

I then asked the client to recall a time someone called her names and asked her again to step into the force field and feel the positive feelings, see and hear the hum of the force field. From this she said the name calling already felt less intense.

Instead of hearing the words, I asked her to visualise the words coming towards her, and asked her to describe it to me; she seen big black capital letters. we slowed the words down and told her that as they reach the force field something amazing will happen and they wont be able to enter the force field, I ask what would happen as they hit the force field wall. In this case she said the words smashed, like glass and fell to the floor. we completed this step 3 more times, each time before she seen the words coming towards her, I reminded her of the power of the force field and the positive feelings she felt in the force field.

On the second and third time I completed this step, I got the client to make a "smashing" sound as the letters hit the force field.

The client said she felt really confident and positive in the force field and when we completed a future vision, to see how she would act/feel if someone in the future called her names, she said she didn't feel like the words effected her at all.

Do you have any success stories you would like to add to the blog? send them on an e-mail nlppracticegroup@gmail.com

No comments: